Sustainable stadium seats – We have reduced our carbon footprint by 24.49%
One of our greatest challenges is working towards a circular economy as the basis of a sustainable production model, generating much less waste and emissions. Which translates into the production of more sustainable stadium seating.
Our carbon footprint reduction is the result of our commitment to minimize the impact of our activity on the environment, reducing our greenhouse gas emissions.
We have registered the annual data of our carbon footprint and our commitment to reduce it according to the specifications of the Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, of the Government of Spain.
This registry is voluntary and is promoted by the Ministry to encourage the calculation and reduction of the carbon footprint by Spanish organizations and promote projects that improve the CO2 sink capacity in Spain.
2020 Calculo-Reduzco Certification:
- We have reduced our carbon footprint by 24.49% in the 2018-2020 triennium compared to the 2017-2019 triennium. And in absolute terms, 60% comparing 2020 with 2015.
- Reduction of direct and indirect emissions: emissions of fluorinated gases from air conditioning and fuel and electricity consumption.
- Significant investment in electric vehicles (forklifts) and in more efficient machinery.
- We calculate our carbon footprint since 2015, and also since 2018 we calculate and reduce our carbon footprint, as has been registered with the “Calculo-Reduzco” Seal, of Spanish Goverment.
- Daplast operations are based on a plan to reduce its environmental impact.
- Official certificate issued by the Spanish Office for Climate Change. To view or download it click here.
How do we measure our Carbon Footprint? How are we reducing it to be more sustainable?
Environmental commitment – more sustainable stadium seating
Daplast has been reducing its emissions and its consumption of energy and water for several years. In 2013 we obtained the ISO 14001 Certificate, thus validating our environmental management system.
With the registration of the Carbon Footprint promoted by the Ministry of Ecological Transition of the Government of Spain, we certify our commitment, which is in line with its slogan: I calculate, I reduce, I compensate.
See our Circular Economy section to discover how we reduce our energy consumption and emissions in each process. This production system is our commitment and our responsibility for the future.
We develop sustainable stadium seating solutions with recycled plastic
We study eco-friendly solutions to produce stadium seats with recycled plastic.
We already have the Eco-Avatar seating line available. Their greatest advantage is they are manufactured with a maximum percentage of recycled material (up to 55% of their weight). Recycled material is recovered from different types of plastic materials that are discarded after use. Discover more details in Stadium seats made from recycled plastic.
As always, our commercial department is at your disposition for any suggestions or queries you may wish to make in Contact form or by phone: +34 957 329 448.